Stay tuned here to the latest alerts from your water utility.
Subscribe to have News & Notices, and Alerts delivered via email or text! Just another way we are working to better serve our community.
RESCINDED Boil Water Notice
May 05, 2017
As of Friday, May 5, 2017, the Boil Water Notice has been rescinded. It is no longer necessary to boil your water prior to consumption.
Boil Water Notice
May 01, 2017
Please boil your water prior to consumption until further notice, due to reduced pressure in the distribution system. Please feel free to call our office with any questions at (903) 865-8402
October 19, 2016
As we can all probably understand, operating and maintenance costs for our water system have risen. It has brought us to a point beyond our ability to make ends meet. Additionally, our current rate structure does not meet recommended guidelines. We have not had a rate increase since 2013. To improve our financial situation we must implement a minimal increase to our water usage rates while maintaining the current base rate. The rate increase was voted on and approved at our Board Meeting on October 18, 2016 and will be in effect for November's water bills. Thank you all for your understanding!
The new rates are as follows:
0-2000 gallons: $4.00 per 1000 gallons
2001-6000 gallons: $5.75 per 1000 gallons
6001-10,000 gallons: $6.75 per 1000 gallons
10,001-20,000 gallons: $7.75 per 1000 gallons
20,001-50,000 gallons: $8.75 per 1000 gallons
50,001 + gallons: $9.75 per 1000 gallons
CALL BEFORE YOU DIG!
August 23, 2016
Please be aware, specifically speaking in terms of our (MSWSC's) water lines, if you did not request a locate and you hit/damage a line, you may be held financially responsible for repairs.
The 811 Process for Homeowners
- NOTIFY - Notify your local one-call center by calling 811 or making an online request 2-3 days before work begins. The one-call center will transmit information to the affected utility operators.
- WAIT - Wait at least 72 hours for affected utility operators to repsond to your request.
- CONFIRM - Confirm that all affected utility operators have responded to your request by comparing the marks to the list of utilities the one-call center notified.
- RESPECT - Respect the marks. The marks provided by the affected utility operators are your guide for the duration of your project. If you are unable to maintain the marks during your project, or the project will continue past your project's expiration date, please call 811 to ask for a re-mark.
- DIG CAREFULLY - Dig carefully. If you can't avoid digging near the marks (within 18 - 24 inches on all sides), consider moving your project to another part of your property. If you must dig near the marks or use machinery of any kind, please read "The 811 Process for Contractors." http://www.texas811.org/
May 27, 2016
As spring and summer time are upon us, please be sure to be mindful of your meter boxes. Please keep them and the area around them mowed and weedeated to make meter reading time more efficient and safe for our operators. If your box tends to have ants, please sprinkle some ant poison out. Please be cautious around meter boxes, they make good homes for snakes and bees. If your meter box is missing its lid or the lid is damaged, please contact our office for repair/replacement.